« Home | BEST FOR BUSINESS » | TSUNAMIED » | KNOW YOUR ROLE » | "PO" YOUR FACE! » | THE REALITY IS... » | THE FORCE IS WEAK WITH THIS ONE... » | MIGHTY MOVIE NEWS » | ARE YOU HOT? » | A TALE OF TWO CLASSMATES » | JES DO IT »

UN-UNREST

I have to admit that I kept an eye out for something big to happen this past weekend. After the neverending barrage of scandal-this and expose-that, I waited for the political powder keg that is our country to explode in a series of civil or military uprisings.

It all seemed to fizzle out though and the civil disobedience of the masses went out with a fizzle. I have two theories on this:

First, the Filipinos are just soooooo tired of "People power". It's done. Passe. So yesterday. Get over it. All it would do now is be an annoyance to people who go to Galeria or to the University belt.

My second theory is that most Filipinos have chosen the lesser evil. The Erap administration resembled the Marcos era too much. Same faces. Same cronies and cohorts. More celebrity. Less substance. We're smarter than the rest of the world gives us credit for. Sure, GMA is corrupt, but less so than the other alternative.

Besides, it's only 5 more years till Noli. Who knows how bad things will get then?

Hmm? I think (and I hope I'm wrong) it’s just a matter of time for it to be another People Power III or IV (depends on who's counting). I think (again I hope I'm wrong) that the current administration is in too deep and that it can only get worst.
By the way, I still have your DVD. Will return it when the boys get together again.

Huge levels of discontent just about a year into her "official" term is NOT a good sign. It usually isn't for ANY leader. I have serious doubts about GMA finishing her term.

I, for one, am tired. I'm tired of seeing the same old faces rallying and grandstanding on TV. I'm tired of seeing leftist groups complain about everything. Can't we all just get along?

We live in a society that has been fractured. I think this all stemmed from allowing the multi-party system to persist. It has divided people and made the political picture really transform into your side vs. ours.

Post a Comment