« Home | THAT'S DOPE » | BLACK AND BLUE » | DIBIDIBIDOO » | RECONNECTING » | WHAT A WEEK. » | GETTING THE GROOVE BACK » | XXX » | CATCHING UP » | GRIP...SLIPPING...MUST HANG ON... » | ENOUGH IS ENOUGH »

BURNED

Last Sunday, I was asked by some of my officemates to donate my voice and my time to one of our projects, the Calories for a Cause event of the Coca-Cola Foundation. They said I'd get free drinkage out of it as a token of appreciation, but I'd have done it for free anyway.

So I headed to Market! Market! and got there by 8:20, way before the actual start of the event as well as ahead of my usual wake-up time on weekends. I got briefed then hung out a bit with the event hosts Vince Hizon and Jackie Lou Blanco - which was actually pretty cool. And if Jackie Lou was a chinita, I'd have really gotten the hots for her (is she still with Ricky Davao?).

What followed were eight hours of me getting on the mic to introduce the hosts then thank the participants after every exercise - where the total calories burned would be converted into pesos for charity. All-in-all, we raised almost a million bucks for a lot of lucky beneficiaries.

I went home really worn out and with a raspy voice, but it was ok. How often do you get to take part in something so worthwhile? Besides, I got to hobnob with some celebrities like Regine Tolentino, Ryza and LJ from StarStruck and Vince's wife Shaan Bermudez who is a lovely person, and not just physically.

-----

I have to recommend MGE Taxi Service. In these times when cab drivers charge you an extra 20-30 bucks just to take you home, here's a company that you can call to arrange a ride and they'll pick you up and take you home without any added charge to the meter. It's efficient and the drivers have been friendly and knowledgable of traffic and the roads.