« Home | WHAT A WEEK. » | GETTING THE GROOVE BACK » | XXX » | CATCHING UP » | GRIP...SLIPPING...MUST HANG ON... » | ENOUGH IS ENOUGH » | CHANGE OF PACE » | COMFY BLANKET » | PHOTO FINISH » | LIFESTYLE CHECK »

RECONNECTING

The fates are a funny thing. I had some happy accidents the past few days that have reintroduced some old friends into my life.

Last week, I had a terrible time trying to get a cab after work. After waiting by the curb for almost 20 minutes, I decided to return to the office and wait out the traffic. As I was walking back towards my building, I noticed this guy standing in the driveway and he was looking at me funny. As I got nearer, he gestured, pointed and broke out into a big smile. I thought, what the fuck does this guy find so funny about me? But before I bum-rushed him, I realized that it was an old friend from my tNt days in Ateneo. Last I saw of him was when I was waiting for a presentation at Unilever years back. We smoked a bit, exchanged numbers and I found out that he's been going to this school in the building where I work.

Fast forward to today. I got off the car and decided to grab breakfast from the 8th floor instead of going straight up to my office. Once I got my doughnuts, I got into the elevator and pressed my floor. As I did so, a voice called out my name and I saw an old classmate from high school, whom I haven't seen in years. He was one of the good eggs from my stint in the honors class (and we share the same birthday). Turns out, he's been working at Pfizer, so we exchanged pleasantries, numbers and belated birthday greetings. We're gonna meet up for lunch to play catch up one of these days.

I wonder who's next? I hope that it's this hot girl I had the hots for back in college...

Which one? :p

Post a Comment