« Home | AWAKE » | AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN » | GO GO GO...STOP! » | GROWING FAST » | CLOSE ENCOUNTER » | SOMEONE NEW » | JESSICA ALBA OVER AND OVER AGAIN » | EDDIE GUERRERO 1967-2005 » | NEW NEWS » | GOING TO TEXAS »

YEAR IN REVIEW

Got this from bloghopping. Wanted to give it a try:

Take the first sentence (or two) from the first post of each month of 2005. That's your year in review.

JANUARY
My mom has had our school for the past twenty two years now. At the start of this schoolyear, it faced one of its biggest crises when several parents left and put up their own school.

FEBRUARY
While riding to work with my brother and a jeepney decides to stop in the middle of the street to pick up a solitary passenger.

My brother: "Mga Pinoy talaga! La na yatang pag-asa!"

MARCH
I originally planned for this to be my Valentine's day blog entry, but the mood to write it didn't hit me then. Of course, I didn't know then what I know now.

APRIL
I woke up late today.

As in major late. As in I couldn't pull myself out of bed or even open my eyes.

MAY
I'm in the mood for change.

My longtime friends will most definitely be surprised by that statement.

JUNE
Had an eventful weekend. Started well by watching Sin City with the J-Boys at Greenbelt 3 last Friday. Topped off the night with good conversation and a delicious helping of Chicken Nibblers at Max Brenner's.

JULY
It's 9:47 on this Monday morning, and I'm feeling all the effects of my whirlwind trip to Iloilo this past weekend. A little sleepy, a little sluggish and a whole lot of feeling bloated.

AUGUST
Settling in.

I'm typing this from my new friend, the iMac G4. Kinda different from what I'm used to, but nothing I can't handle.

SEPTEMBER
About two weeks ago, I was having the toughest time since I made my return to the world of advertising. We were working on an ad (technically, I was the only one doing it) where the placement held a lot of creative opportunities but the message I was supposed to incorporate in it had greatly overworn its welcome.

OCTOBER
Last Saturday, I attended the baptism of the daughter of one of my 4J friends. After the ceremony and a little salu-salo, we headed for nearby Pearl drive for a few drinks.

NOVEMBER
Back. Fresh from a four-day jaunt up north in Baguio. Didn't see much of Baguio except from the window of an SUV. Saw a lot of bathroom interiors though.

DECEMBER
Last night, I went home at around 1130 pm from a long day of brainstorming (yes, I went to work on a Sunday). After two days of intense hammering and hewing, we were able to narrow down our concepts to three winners (supposedly).