« Home | GROWING FAST » | CLOSE ENCOUNTER » | SOMEONE NEW » | JESSICA ALBA OVER AND OVER AGAIN » | EDDIE GUERRERO 1967-2005 » | NEW NEWS » | GOING TO TEXAS » | THE AIR UP THERE » | LA SALLE SCANDAL » | BOYS WILL BE BOYS »

GO GO GO...STOP!


Last night, I went home at around 1130 pm from a long day of brainstorming (yes, I went to work on a Sunday). After two days of intense hammering and hewing, we were able to narrow down our concepts to three winners (supposedly). I went home, hopeful and positive that by today, we'd have everything done with time to spare.

The signs seemed to point towards it. The stop signs that is. After taking my shortcut and coming out near the Nagtahan flyover, it became a non-stop trip home. Every stoplight from Nagtahan to Banawe kept flashing green and we never came to a full stop until I had reached the gate of my house.

I foresaw that today would have been like last night. Go, go, go all the way. We left the office to execute our storyboards and came back with confidence brimming. We were literally chewing at the bit before internals.

Unfortunately, we hit a brick wall in the form of our ECD. And at the speed we were going, it sent us into a total crash. My teammates and I lost the air in our tires. The wind in our sails. And we were left to pick through the wreckage to see what we could salvage. The worst part was that we had burnt out all our resources during the first ride.

Oh my God, I'm doing a metaphor overload. I need to move to the slow lane.

But a deadline is catching up...