« Home | LA SALLE SCANDAL » | BOYS WILL BE BOYS » | K.O. » | LIKE A VIRGIN? » | LAST LEGS » | STRAPPED » | DEJA VU-HU-HU » | DO I STILL HAVE THE MAGIC? » | AMAZED » | HOLD 'EM »

THE AIR UP THERE


Back. Fresh from a four-day jaunt up north in Baguio. Didn't see much of Baguio except from the window of an SUV. Saw a lot of bathroom interiors though.

Blame the great food and the cold weather.

Stuffed myself silly trying out something new at places like Volante's (A cozy Pizza and Pasta place on Session Road), Forest House (delightful little cafe - big sizes, Manila prices), Cafe by the Ruins (Lived up to expectations, food was ok lang), Rito's (600 bucks for 2 large bowls of Bulalo, Lechon Kawali, Ginisang Munggo, Seven plates of rice and assorted drinks - sulit ever!) and Little John's (Kinda cheap pero bitin yung food) - thus many a visit to sit on my throne.

Stayed at Ching's condo. Had to climb three flights to get to the unit then an additional flight to get to the bedrooms. I coined the phrase, "The air is thin and I am not" as I wheezed every time we had to climb.

Met some cool new friends. They hosted our drinking on the second night. We toasted them on the third. Nothing like a few mental games mixed with a lot of alcohol.

Got to enjoy the amazing view from the top of Mt. Sto. Tomas. Made me realize that the universe is so much bigger than me.

Baguio in a word: cool.