« Home | STRAPPED » | DEJA VU-HU-HU » | DO I STILL HAVE THE MAGIC? » | AMAZED » | HOLD 'EM » | BURNED » | THAT'S DOPE » | BLACK AND BLUE » | DIBIDIBIDOO » | RECONNECTING »

LAST LEGS

Flashback to 2001. Was having merienda with my former boss Adele Estrada at LKG tower. We chanced upon a booth selling pirated DVDs. Adele tells me how great they are so I actually force myself to buy 2 discs: "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "You've Got Mail".

Little was I to know that that was to be the start of an obsession to collect DVD copies of movies that I've enjoyed over the years. I started with a list of about 250 films and set about collecting them along with whatever new films came out in the market.

Fast forward to today. Almost 800 movies later, my quest is almost over. I'll still be going after all the new releases but the list I started with in 2001 has been whittled down to this:
1. Waiting for Guffman ( Christopher Guest)
2. Indian Summer (Elizabeth Perkins, Bill Paxton)
3. He Said, She Said ( Kevin bacon, Elizabeth Perkins)
4. Bye Bye Love ( Paul Reiner, Matthew Modine)
5. Noises Off ( Michael Caine, Christopher Reeve)
6. Barefoot in the Park (Robert Redford, Jane Fonda)
7. Soap Dish (Kevin Kline, Whoopi Goldberg)
8. New Best Friend ( Mia Kirshner, Dominique Swain)
9. Wayne’s World
10. Clerks

My contact is lining up Clerks and Wayne's World for me and that would leave me with eight more films until I can say that my collection is complete. Wow.

I could have made a downpayment on a car with all the money I spent on DVDs over the years...