« Home | DO I STILL HAVE THE MAGIC? » | AMAZED » | HOLD 'EM » | BURNED » | THAT'S DOPE » | BLACK AND BLUE » | DIBIDIBIDOO » | RECONNECTING » | WHAT A WEEK. » | GETTING THE GROOVE BACK »

DEJA VU-HU-HU

My thoughts take me to three years ago. I was still with Harrison Communications and I was heading home after a grueling brainstorming session for Globe. It was near midnight and my Mom's birthday was minutes away. With my schedule, I never really get time to do any shopping so you can imagine my gratefulness that Dangwa is on the way home from Makati. I got her a fabulous bouquet of flowers then got home past midnight. When I peeked into my parents' room, they were both soundly asleep but they don't mind waking up for me to tell them that I was home. As I kissed my Mom hello, I also whispered "Happy birthday!" and handed her the flowers. She sleepily thanked me for my thoughtfulness and I laid the flowers on a nearby desktop.

Fast forward to last Monday. Exact same story. OT, flowers, kiss hello, give bouquet. This time around though, I didn't get to go home last night to celebrate with her and the family. In fact, as I'm writing this, I haven't been home since 8:15 a.m. yesterday.

For what it's worth, Happy Birthday again Mom!!!