« Home | AMAZED » | HOLD 'EM » | BURNED » | THAT'S DOPE » | BLACK AND BLUE » | DIBIDIBIDOO » | RECONNECTING » | WHAT A WEEK. » | GETTING THE GROOVE BACK » | XXX »

DO I STILL HAVE THE MAGIC?


Last Saturday, I attended the baptism of the daughter of one of my 4J friends. After the ceremony and a little salu-salo, we headed for nearby Pearl drive for a few drinks. During the course of the evening, I suggested to Tini that since we were in the neighborhood, we should swing by Magic 89.9 to say hi to our buddy Max Speed.

Max was the one who took me under his wing when I went on my quest to enter the world of radio. He gave me my big break and everything that I became as a DJ, I owe it to/blame it on him.

We dropped by the station and caught him just as his weekly show was ending. We wne out for drinks and it was then that I broached the idea of doing a weekend show for Magic. He then invited me to join him for his Nightlive show, which airs every Saturday from 6-8 in the evening.

I won't get paid but it gives me a chance to do what I love for fun. I just wonder if I've still got it. I woudn't want to let my former groupies down. Not to mention my future groupies!

Hey, we can sing!!

Post a Comment