« Home | SUPERMAN AND PACMAN » | RADIO GA-GA II: Start of Something Big » | THE RED EYE » | RADIO GA-GA » | HELL WEEK » | A BULLET WITH MY NAME ON IT » | TAGGED AGAIN » | TAG I'M IT » | BORA AND BAILEY'S » | A LITTLE FALL OF RAIN »

LIFE AND DEATH

Had a hosting gig last Saturday...one that I actually got paid for. It's been a while. Anyway, it was a debut and they asked me to come in at 6 since the event was supposed to start at 7. Got to Manila Hotel at 5:40 so I decided to have an early supper at Cafe Ilang-Ilang. I never felt so grown up. I mean, I'm 30 years old but it was my first time to dine at Manila Hotel without my family in tow and I paid for my own meal.

The event started late (an hour and a half!) and it was kinda disorganized at first. Microphones weren't in place. Last second changes to the program. Needless to say, I was pissed and was cursing the organizers under my breath. It ended pretty well though and they were very happy with my hosting. They want to work with me again in the future. I'll see if I really need the money.

***

Got shocked when I opened my e-mail this morning. Turns out, another of our batchmates died last week. The memo from Ateneo didn't specify the cause of death but it's just another one too many for our batch. As for the one who passed away, he was someone I was acquainted with from Grade School. He was from the honors class and last I heard, he suffered a nervous breakdown from all the teasing and insults levied his way by his classmates. Mind you, I spent some time in the honors class and they could be mean if they wanted to. Rest in peace Ramon Salvosa.

Yeah, I remember that guy. I wonder what happened.

Hmmm I always wondered what would happen if an A-boy insulted a J-boy. Would he even be able to understand it?

A: "Hey! A+2=Alt+164. Hahahaha!!!"
J: "Eyng?"

Nervous breakdown? Damn, that must be some ribbing he got. That sucks.

Post a Comment