« Home | DVD DAMNATION » | UN-UNREST » | BEST FOR BUSINESS » | TSUNAMIED » | KNOW YOUR ROLE » | "PO" YOUR FACE! » | THE REALITY IS... » | THE FORCE IS WEAK WITH THIS ONE... » | MIGHTY MOVIE NEWS » | ARE YOU HOT? »

EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN

I got to work today and the new furniture came in. Before, we had desks that were like an "O" in the middle of a big room, with us lining both the inner and outer circles. Now, we have four rows of compact (read: annoyingly snug) cubicles lined up in a way that we look like a call center.

I kinda like the facelift but the new setup puts me away from my artists and in the "quiet" section. It doesn't make much sense from a practical perspective (I now have to communicate with my artist through YM instead of just looing up and talking to him) and I feel this cosmetic change doesn't do much to cover up the ugly parts of the company.

Remember, a few months ago, I had a little trouble in the office when they were going to put me through this "improvement plan" on the whim of the boss after a client complained and he didn't even bother to confirm if this was true.

Now, I found out that my regularization was put on hold, pending an effort on my part to be more "responsive" and less "reactive". I tend to complain a lot and react so much that I don't "encourage feedback".

Harhar.

Maybe it's my advertising background that makes me defend my work a lot, but I think that if they (management) stuck to one message or direction, without shifting or changing their mind, I wouldn't have to defend my work so much. The work that was borne out of their first set of directions.

Anyway, hope the weekend treated you all well. Hope the week will be even better.