« Home | NEGLECTED » | LIFE AND DEATH » | SUPERMAN AND PACMAN » | RADIO GA-GA II: Start of Something Big » | THE RED EYE » | RADIO GA-GA » | HELL WEEK » | A BULLET WITH MY NAME ON IT » | TAGGED AGAIN » | TAG I'M IT »

365 DAYS AT 141

I'm looking out the window from my desk on the 27th floor of the Ayala FGU center on Ayala Avenue. The sky's is desolatedly gray and I'm feeling a little under the weather.

But, as the title of this piece goes, I'm celebrating my first year anniversary here at 141 Worldwide. The office is virtually empty. A lot of the people are either in a meeting with clients or are sick at home and it seems a tad colder than usual. Have two deadlines to meet but I just wanted to take some time to reflect on this past year. This was a firm that took a chance on a copywriter who had been out of advertising for nearly two years. They hired me even if I had never won an award. One year later, I felt like thanking the three guys I had to go through just to get this job. I went up to them last night and thanked each of them for giving me this chance.

And I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the patience they showed me as I had to adjust back to life in advertising. I'm thankful that they appreciated some of my ideas enough to fight tooth and nail for them in front of client. I'm thankful that everyone accepted me fairly quickly. I'm thankfuly that they saw fit to reward my efforts by regularizing me in just three months. I'm thankful that they hired you-know-who (I must point out though that she's the one who mentioned that, not me!).

One year down...and in this industry where people change agencies almost every year, I think I'll stick around here a bit longer.