« Home | AMAZING RACE 7 EP.1 » | SHE KNOWS » | MENTAL BLOGS » | EL GIMIKERO » | WINNING WEEKEND » | RIGHT SIDE » | VIEW FROM THE 4th FLOOR » | DVDid it Again » | FOR WANT OF A SONG » | CHANGE IN THE WEATHER »

COLAYCO

As all freshmen who enter the Ateneo, I began my college life hanging out in the Quad. Thankfully, I was recruited for a leadership program and started hanging out in the Strains room in Colyaco Hall, the home of the different student organizations. It was here that I found my first group of college friends. Here where we formed SPEED. Here where we hung out, played cards and "studied" during our breaks.

When I came back to Ateneo after being kicked out, I found myself drawn to Colayco again, hanging out in different rooms, forming friendships, falling in love and fulfilling my need to be active with school projects.

Today, I received word that there will be a send-off for Colayco next Friday as they are tearing it down to make way for a bigger student building. I understand the need for the change, but one can't help but feel bad...and really sentimental. Colayco was a place where change was effected. Where the seeds of leadership were planted. Where many of us socially-conscious Ateneans find our roots.

I won't be able to make it next Friday but here's to you Colayco. Thanks for the memories. Literally.

Hey, I also wrote about Colayco Hall:

http://tiaong.blogspot.com/2005/03/colayco-hall-is-gone.html

Post a Comment