« Home | DVDid it Again » | FOR WANT OF A SONG » | CHANGE IN THE WEATHER » | AMAZING (DISG)RACE » | MUNDANE MONDAY » | POSITIVELY CYNICAL » | WISH » | WORK PLACE » | GIRLS OF SUMMER » | DECADEnce II »

VIEW FROM THE 4th FLOOR

Before the dawn of the blog, I was considering doing a weekly reflection piece that I would e-mail to my friends, similar to my friend Nines' Spoonful of Sugar. When I first thought about it, I thought about naming it "View from the 17th floor" as I was on the 17th floor of Rufino towers. Once I got the title nailed down, I set out to write. I got as far as three sentences then shelved the entire thing.

When I moved downstairs to Creatives, I thought that being among that type of people would prove to be the kick in the butt my juices needed to flow. My journal was reborn, but this time it was on the 16th floor. I managed to eke out one entry, narrating my unfortunate experience during EDSA tres. After that, my view went askew and my journal went back into hibernation.

When I moved to McCann (Harisson) and we transferred to LKG tower, I thought that staying on the 35th floor would help me increase my world view and I would finally get a glimpse of something to write about.

No such luck. Finally, this thing called blog happened. And I find myself on the fourth floor of this nondescript building in the quietest corner of Legaspi village. I look back on this blog and I am actually amazed that I've been able to fill more than 50 entries. Of course, a lot of them were nonsensical or whimsical at best. Much like this entry. Writing about writing.

But, in my view, this has been quite cathartic to me. I get to see what's important in my life. I get to process my thoughts about important things and issues. I get to share all these with you who read this. Thank you for putting up with my incessant ramblings.

  • INXS: I'd like to ask for prayers for my dad. He apparently tore a ligament near his back and he needs to have surgery right away, otherwise, one wrong move and he could end up paralyzed.
  • INXS 2: On a lighter note, I spent the night watching American Idol (Go Constantine!) and then checking out the DVDs I got from my contact. I bought about 15 last night and it was one of the greatest hauls I ever had. I got:
    • History of the World Part I by Mel Brooks
    • Spaceballs by Mel Brooks again.
    • Accidental Hero
    • Karate Kid
    • He Got Game
    • Mickey Blue Eyes
    • Waterboy
    • Can't Hardly Wait
    • Happy Gilmore
    • Wild Things Unrated Version
    • Sunset park
    • Death Becomes Her
    • Babe
    • It Could Happen to You
    • And FORGET PARIS!!!
Life is good. It smells like shit sometimes, but life is good.