« Home | FOR WANT OF A SONG » | CHANGE IN THE WEATHER » | AMAZING (DISG)RACE » | MUNDANE MONDAY » | POSITIVELY CYNICAL » | WISH » | WORK PLACE » | GIRLS OF SUMMER » | DECADEnce II » | AR6 - Goodbye Jonathan and Victoria »

DVDid it Again

Stopped by MCS yesterday to get my fix. I got:
  1. Laurel Canyon - Apparently a wickedly funny movie. I got it for Kate Beckinsale's lesbian kiss.
  2. May - The trailer of this film made it look scary (plus there was a lesbian kiss too).
  3. Cool Runnings - No lesbian kiss. Just a feel-good Disney movie I remember watching with my freshman barkada back in college.
  4. Dickie Roberts, Former Chil Star - David Spade is always good for a laugh. I love the
    "We are the World" type song in the end performed by former child stars like the Brady kids and Gary Coleman.
  5. Maria Full of Grace - The lead actress here was nominated for an Oscar. Have to check out her performance.
And this week, I'm getting about 15 hard-to-find films from my contact. They're more pricey but these are must-haves for any film collection like Mel Brooks' History of the World and Spaceballs and Billy Crystal in Forget Paris.

My friend Ryan was asking me what worth my collection would have when the DVD goes the way of the betamax and the laserdisc. My answer simply was this: For the first time, high quality films are both affordable and accessible. Being a film buff, it's the perfect opportunity to get great copies of films without spending as much. I'm sure the DVD will go the way of the dinosaurs but in that case, I just have to build my collection all over again.

The joy is in the journey!