« Home | RIGHT SIDE » | VIEW FROM THE 4th FLOOR » | DVDid it Again » | FOR WANT OF A SONG » | CHANGE IN THE WEATHER » | AMAZING (DISG)RACE » | MUNDANE MONDAY » | POSITIVELY CYNICAL » | WISH » | WORK PLACE »

WINNING WEEKEND

This was one of the busiest weekends I've had in a while, and none of my activities involved work! It started out Firday night as I met up with the J-boys for dinner and drinks to welcome back Bob from Jakarta. Bob is actually a convenient excuse to get together. We're going out again on Wednesday to send him off this time.

Afterwards, despite the pleas of our class clown/sex maniac to go to a club on Roxas Boulevard, I retreated to the Big Sky bar near E.Rodriguez (NU 107 calls it the coolest hang-out place on earth) with two other J-boys, Miko and Dino. Mind you, I had consumed quite a few drinks beforehand so I wasn't really planning to drink anymore.

Till the shot glass. Miko and Dino are apparently regulars to Big Sky and know the owner pretty well. They then told her to give me her special drink. This shot glass was set down in front of me, and being a good boy, I succumbed to peer pressure and downed it in one big gulp.

It was like my chest was set on fire. I felt it burn then spread and I had to catch my breath. As it started to take effect, my two "friends" smilingly told Candy the owner to show me what I had just drunk.

Out came a flask with a clear liquid. And a cobra inside it. I remember the ride home. I remember trying to have a smoke in front of my house. I remember cursing Miko and Dino under my breath. I'm definitely going back there. If only just to victimize somebody else with that cobra drink.

The next day, I woke up really late, slept again and woke up in time for my aunt's birthday party that night. We had this Magic Mic set up and the singing went on until 5:30 the next morning.

The next day, we headed out to Ateneo to watch the UAAP football finals between ADMU and UST. It was decided with a penalty shootout with Ateneo winning the crown and the fans spilling out onto the field. It was madness and it was emotional. I'm not a football fan myself but it was amazing to have been there.

All in all, panalo ang weekend (The weekend was a winner). Of course, I had to end it like a loser and watch the Starstruck finals last night. Oh what the hell, I enjoyed it. So there!!! Haha!

About that drink...You've got one less victim, Jay. ;)

Post a Comment