« Home | IT IS MY NATURE » | WEEKEND UPDATE » | GOODBYES AND HELLOS » | ROAD TRIP » | IT'S BEEN A YEAR » | COLAYCO » | AMAZING RACE 7 EP.1 » | SHE KNOWS » | MENTAL BLOGS » | EL GIMIKERO »

HOLY WEEK(END)

I was especially looking forward to Holy Week this year, if not for anything else but to get away from work for a while. It was a rough last two weeks before the Easter break with me almost resigning over some office controversy. Thankfully (with an apology from the Boss), I'm still here and trying to institute some changes to make things better in the company.

Work was one of the things on my mind as the Holy Week break started. I personally look at Holy Week as the time when I do a retrospective on the year that was. My mind looked back on the previous year and I remember that my only prayer of thanks was for the fact that I was still alive and that I had family and friends who really cared. This year, I had a lot to be thankful for. A good job (not great - yet), my health, friends and family and a whole plethora of blessings that our good Lord has deemed me worthy to receive.

I'm just sad that I wasn't able to follow through on one of the two spiritual exercices I had planned for myself over the weekend. Aside from watching "The Passion", I was hoping to spend some time in front of the Gesu Church and just reflect and look ahead on my year ahead. Unfortunately, late nights and midnight snacks stood in the way of my getting up bright and early and I never woke up in time to do my task. It would've been nice though. Some "me" time with God. Maybe next year.

So, as I struggle to come to grips with a new work week, let me wish you all a happy Easter again!

i hope Holy Week has served its purpose for all of us. happy easter!


jey
http://spoonfuls.blogdrive.com

Post a Comment