« Home | GOODBYES AND HELLOS » | ROAD TRIP » | IT'S BEEN A YEAR » | COLAYCO » | AMAZING RACE 7 EP.1 » | SHE KNOWS » | MENTAL BLOGS » | EL GIMIKERO » | WINNING WEEKEND » | RIGHT SIDE »

WEEKEND UPDATE

My typical weekend starts on Saturdays with me in bed until noon. After lunch and a cigarette, I hunker down in front of the TV for a movie or some standard programming. I usually look forward to an eight-year old episode of Saturday Night Live as the afternoon starts winding down. I either then head out to meet up with my friends or stay home and watch a few more movies.

The last few weekends though, have taken me out of my comfort zone. There was the Bicol trip last week and Meah Ang See's wedding this past weekend. I've mentioned her before. She's one of those first friends I made in my freshman year and has since been a regular visitor to my home (to borrow DVDs of course). She's always been the "Woman-child" in our eyes due to her childlikeness and vivacious personality. When she first intorduced us to her then-boyfriend-now-husband, I noticed that he was the perfect balance to her. The Yang to her Yin(ching). And when she got married last Saturday, all of us from our freshman group in attendance thought the same thing, the little girl has grown up.

I hosted the reception of course, with Solvie in tow. We spieled, we joked, we sang (Solvie had this amazing rendition of Love Moves in Mysterious Ways) and all-in-all, gave such a good show that the normally stoic crimebuster Teresita Ang See had a wide smile on her face the entire night, laughing along to our funny lines (yes even the green ones). It was a perfect time to look back on some memories of our group, to look at us today and to look forward to all the good times to come.

Of course, I spent Sunday in bed all day. Once I heard that Pacquiao had lost and with Michael Schumacher stuck in 12th on the starting grid of the grand prix in Sepang, I decided to cancel my plans of a sporty Sunday and just slept.

yeah you're brother ruined the fight for me (haha I actually asked him to)so I didn't watch it anymore. Instead,I moped around my room and imagined what it would have been like to rewind time and get exicted about the fight all over again.

Post a Comment