« Home | GETTING THE KINKS OUT » | HOLY WEEK(END) » | IT IS MY NATURE » | WEEKEND UPDATE » | GOODBYES AND HELLOS » | ROAD TRIP » | IT'S BEEN A YEAR » | COLAYCO » | AMAZING RACE 7 EP.1 » | SHE KNOWS »

J.P.II WE LOVE YOU!

I woke up late today.

As in major late. As in I couldn't pull myself out of bed or even open my eyes.
I just wanted to sleep all day, but the duties I have at work yanked me out of bed by 11 AM. After a nice homecooked lunch (which I only get to enjoy on weekends), I started my grueling task of getting ready for work.

As I was painstakingly pulling my clothes on, I turned on the TV to see what's new with the world. I was shocked to see the bulletin on CNN that Pope John Paul was in a very grave condition. It wasn't the run-of-the-mill news we've been used to hearing lately of the Pope going in and out of the hospital. This was serious. He even received the last rites; something he last received in 1981 when he was almost assassinated.

Of course, my thoughts drifted to the time when he was here and the country went crazy with his arrival. People lined the streets. Everywhere the Pope went, masses huddled together, basking in his love and sincere appreciation for the outpouring of affection. He did promise to retun but back then, I had a feeling that he wouldn't.

And now, I could be right.

Let's say a prayer for the Pope. Whatever your religious orientation is, he was and is a great man deserving of our thoughts.