« Home | J.P.II WE LOVE YOU! » | GETTING THE KINKS OUT » | HOLY WEEK(END) » | IT IS MY NATURE » | WEEKEND UPDATE » | GOODBYES AND HELLOS » | ROAD TRIP » | IT'S BEEN A YEAR » | COLAYCO » | AMAZING RACE 7 EP.1 »

PINS AND NEEDLES

Friday. Noontime. I was spreading the word about the 4J gimmick that night. I called Jim.

"NO IT'S NOT TODAY!" was the first thing that came booming from my phone's receiver.

"I wasn't asking." was my curt reply.

"Oh." Jim said sheepishly and we proceeded to talk about the gathering later that night.

I was lying though. The thought of asking about the bar results did come to mind. I chose not to so that my friend's anxiety wouldn't reach stratostophic proportions.

I've been there before, though not for the bar. I remember when I was awaiting the results when I was trying to get back into Ateneo. I was praying. I was sweating. I had a pit in my stomach the size of Bicol. And when I finally got the news, the heavens opened up and a choir of angels rejoiced along with me.

Now I'm hoping for the same for my friend.

Heh. That sounds like Jim. :-P

Post a Comment