« Home | WEEKEND UPDATE Whew! It's been one busy weekend f... » | LESSON LEARNED My mom has had our school for over... » | DECADE-DENCE I turned 29 today. That means I've ... » | INTIMATE DETAILS A friend asked me the other day ... » | SORRY FOR THE DELAY Allow me to apologize for bei... » | THERE'S STILL A NEED FOR SPEED Eleven years ago, ... » | FADING AWAY My Grandma has Alzheimer's Disease. T... » | GUILTY PLEASURES What's a guy to do with so much ... » | REPORTING FOR DUTY Sorry I've been away for a whi... » | HAPPY ENDINGS A few weeks ago, I had to sit throu... »

DRIVEN AWAY

Any of my closest friends will tell you that there are two constants in my household. First, the door is always open and everyone is welcome. And secondly, that there is always a new driver every few months. We've been using family drivers since I was a freshman in high school and I think we've gone through at least 20 since then. There have been a few gems who stayed with us for at least a year but there have also been those that were let go after only a few days.

This last one lasted 2 months. I rarely used him and when I did I noticed two things: he was aloof and considering he was a driver, he could never remember how to get from one place to the other. He was sooooooo bad with directions that he even got lost when we were going home from a place that was three blocks away.

It all came to a head last Saturday when I used him to go to all those places I listed in my previous blog entry. He pissed me off three times that day, from calling me with a "pssst" and gesturing to ask for a cigarette to being utterly "bastos" when I was merely asking for the amount of toll we were going to pay. The final straw was when he told me that he had to go home early as I was on my way to Jigs' party. I already told him days before that we would be out late and he never once told me that he couldn't do it. I got off at Grilla, threw his salary at him and slammed the door in his face telling him to go home. I had no intention of being in his company ever again.

Sure enough, when I got home, I told my parents about it and apparently, he's been pissing off my brother and mom as well. It was an easy decision to let him go and it was one that my dad took great pleasure in.

I know, people are telling me that I should finally get my license, but I got tired of driving myself and I don't think I can stand the traffic while I'm behind the wheel. Oh well. Any one know of a good driver? One who actually knows the roads?

I'm signing off!