« Home | LESSON LEARNED My mom has had our school for over... » | DECADE-DENCE I turned 29 today. That means I've ... » | INTIMATE DETAILS A friend asked me the other day ... » | SORRY FOR THE DELAY Allow me to apologize for bei... » | THERE'S STILL A NEED FOR SPEED Eleven years ago, ... » | FADING AWAY My Grandma has Alzheimer's Disease. T... » | GUILTY PLEASURES What's a guy to do with so much ... » | REPORTING FOR DUTY Sorry I've been away for a whi... » | HAPPY ENDINGS A few weeks ago, I had to sit throu... » | THE NUMBERS GAME There's a game I once played wit... »

WEEKEND UPDATE

Whew! It's been one busy weekend for me. Considering that I've been doing almost nothing for the longest time, all the activity really took a lot out of me.

1. Birthday of my pseudo-inaanak: It was the birthday of my friend Ganns' little boy, Nathan. He just turned one and it was a sight to see. It was actually my first time to meet my "godson" (Ganns and his wife Cathy are devout Christians so there was no Catholic baptism for me to official become his godfather. It was nice that Ganns told me that he considers me as one anyway.

2. Meeting re: possible money-making venture: Don't wanna get into it much but it looks great/fun and it's something I could really do well.

3. My cousin's stage debut: I have a second cousin on my dad's side who studies in Ateneo and is part of T.A. (A student theatre group). It was her first play and the entire family went to see it. She was really good...Scene stealer and those are the memorable type of characters.

4. Jigs' 30th birthday: It was the birthday of My high school classmate Jigs. Aside from it being an excuse for the 4J boys to get together, it was also significant because Jigs is the first one in our class to turn 30!!! Happy birthday Jigs!!! Thanks for the blowout.

5. SPEED family day: To celebrate SPEED's 10th full year of existence, they have been celebrating with SPEED weeks. Exhibits, concerts, exposure trips were just a part of it. The main thing was the family day that was held at the Ateneo campue. They brought together the 6 different areas that they serve (6!!!) and it was a great day for the kids and their families. Serendipitous was the fact that several members of SPEED from the first year were also at Ateneo doing something for JVP. They were amazed and proud (not as much as I was) that SPEED was still around and doing great.

6. Ateneo-La Salle: La Salle was just too much for our team. all things considered, it wasn't such a bad season. Even when we lost our best player, Ateneo still overachieved. I'm now rooting for FEU. Any team but La Salle right? Congrats Sandy! We're proud of you.

Things to do this week:
1. Watch the Emmy Awards
2. Watch the Amazing Race Finale
3. Watch Survivor
4. Call McCann again!

That's that! I'm signing off!