« Home | FIRST DAY » | AT LAST » | ONE DAY MORE » | THE RETURN OF THE SHIT » | BOMBS AWAY » | SARAP DIRI » | WHAT'S IN A NAME? » | EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN » | DVD DAMNATION » | UN-UNREST »

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

When I was being interviewed for this job t 141, one of the CDs asked me, "Why do you want to go back to advertising?"

Being so pompous and sure of myself, I replied, "I miss it. I miss the late nights. I miss those sessions where we just bounce ideas off each other and build on them."

The CD marked down "Mentally disturbed" on his interview form.

To which I added, "Don't forget to put masochistic and glutton for punishment".

It seemed funny then, but they were also famous last words.

As it is, it is almost 5 in the morning and I've been in the office for almost 20 straight hours now.

I still have some copy to write for some presentations due later, but I have to admit that it's exactly what I asked for.

Case in point, at around 11 last night, we had some coffee after dinner at Sigafredo in Salcedo Village. Afterwards, we found ourselves sitting on the steps of the building, tossing ideas around and trying to form a cohesive thought. All this in the middle of the night.

Be careful what you wish for indeed.

"I wish for a hot, naked chinita right now!"

Hey, it could happen.