« Home | PARTY LIKE IT'S 2007 » | BITS AND PIECES » | BLAG! » | BURSTING MY BUBBLY » | DAYS WITHOUT THE LORD » | ME TIME » | WHY WE DO IT » | I NEED A BEER » | WAKE ME WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS » | WHEN IT RAINS... »

SLOW GOING

Thanks to an earthquake in Taiwan, internet connections around Asia have slowed to a virtual crawl. In the Philippines, full internet capability in our office network has only recovered by 21%. Now, it takes so much longer just to open websites and check your Yahoo Mail - much more for us to open photo sites like Corbis or Getty Images so we can make our ads.

I've found myself also having a rough go at shaking off the holiday rust. I feel so lethargic and slow that the work seems to be impossible to finish. Must...for...coherent...thoughts...

Bought a new phone though. After much ribbing from my friends and officemates, I retired my 6170 and bought myself a Nokia N70. It has all the standard features one would expect, and for P16,000 I wouldn't expect any less.

Oh, and I talked to Bubbly last night. She said the strangest thing. She was tuned into CJ the Dj's show on Magic 89.9 last night and CJ announced that he was officially welcoming back Jay Bounce into the fold. Hmmm...Max hasn't told me anything yet...

Anyway, hope you guys can catch our new show. It's called Saturday Slam - the Nicest of the Nineties - every Saturday night from 6-9, replacing Nitelive. That's 3 hours of everything from Grunge to Boy Bands so I hope you children of the 90s do tune in and join us on our stroll down memory lane.